Cannabinoids and Disease
The truth of the matter is we don’t know exactly how many illnesses and symptoms that the medical use of cannabis could alleviate. This list will continue to grow as we discover more conditions that can potentially be treated with cannabis.
It is believed that Medical Cannabis will help these conditions:
- Relief of muscle spasms
- Suppression of nausea
- Weight loss - increase and restore metabolism
- AIDS - Cannabis can reduce the nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting from the condition itself and the medications as well.
- Glaucoma – Cannabis relieves the internal eye pressure of glaucoma, and therefore relieving the pain and slowing or even stopping the condition.
- Cancer - Many side effects of the medication to stop cancer can be relieve with cannabis, some studies suggest that cannabis tends to slow down and even reverse the progress of some types of cancer.
- Multiple Sclerosis - Muscle pain, spasticity, tremors and unsteadiness are some of the effects caused by the disease that can be relieved by cannabis.
- Epilepsy - in some patients, epileptic seizures can be prevented with cannabis use.
- Chronic pain – Cannabis helps to alleviate the pain caused from many types of injuries and disorders.
- Anxiety, Depression or Obsession - Even though mild anxiety is a common side effect in some users, cannabis can elevate your mood and expand the mind
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – Cannabis can alleviate pain, reduce inflammation, and promote sleep.
- Crohn's disease - Cannabis is used to treat bowel disturbances and inflammation, and a recent clinical study now shows Cannabis proved to be highly efficient in cases of inflammatory bowel diseases.